Aloha E Komo Mai! Welcome to Emmanuel Lutheran Schools, Maui, Website. The purpose of Emmanuel Lutheran School is to share the good news of Jesus Christ by providing a high quality, Christ-centered education.
We at Emmanuel Lutheran School are here to serve you and your child. You can help us to do that by supporting us with your prayers and with your open communication. We commit to do the same in return for our students and their families.
A Tradition of Education
Emmanuel Lutheran School is a partner school with five other Lutheran grade schools in Hawaii and over 1,600 Lutheran elementary and secondary schools throughout the United States.
Emmanuel Lutheran School is licensed by the Hawaii Council of Private Schools. Most of our teachers are graduates from Lutheran colleges and all of our teachers hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
Emmanuel Lutheran School is committed to serving you and your children. This commitment is motivated by a desire to serve our Lord through our individual ministries. It is important that you are aware of this desire to serve and of the high level of our commitment, because we also need your commitment, support, encouragement, and prayers.
Emmanuel Lutheran Church has been serving Maui since 1967. The congregation added the preschool program in 1972 and the grade school program in 1978. The name “Emmanuel,” which our congregation has chosen for itself, means “God is with us.” We believe that He is with us and that He will bless the labors of our hands and hearts.
Thank you for your interest in our Christian School.
Emmanuel Lutheran School admits students of any sex, race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Emmanuel does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, and national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions, policies, financial aid programs, and other school administered programs.
Snapshot of Activities:
- Introduction to Band is a class taken by all of our fifth graders
- Advanced Band is an elective offered to our 6-8 graders
- Keiki Chorus is for all students in K-2
- Grades 3-5 Choir is for all students in grades 3-5
- Music Class is for all students in middle school, grades 6-8, and includes music theory, appreciation, and performance
- Volleyball and Basketball are offered to our students in grades 3-5 and 6-8. Both teams are co-ed and practice after school
- All students participate in our Christmas and Spring Musicals
- Students in grades 6-8 participate in at least one elective per quarter
- Optional after-school classes are offered at different times during the year
Please continue to find out more about our School by perusing the information we have provided in the menu links above and the shortcut links on the right!